I don’t mean to brag, but I have it on good authority that 2013 is going to be an outstanding year for me. Everyone I have encountered has said the same thing to me. So why would they lie to me? It’s not like I am going to lend them any money for sucking up to me. They have seen the inside of my wallet – you can yodel in it.
So in no particular order this is what is going to happen to me in 2013.
1) I am working on my Etsy page so all you people who said you wanted to but a print will be able to do it soon.
2) Creating a new website with a good friend who always has my back. That is essential. She will let me know when my bra is perhaps three sizes too small. But I digress. elizabeth cassidy ART will be about my art, my writing and my creativity coaching. New Year. New name. Angelina Jolie was taken.
3) Working on giving up what doesn’t work for me. I am looking to embrace the people who lift me up. I will do the same for them as long as my back doesn’t give out.
4) Will be starting my memoir soon. Don’t worry. I won’t give out your mailing address. Yet.
5) I want to be an instrument of change. Where does one start?
6) Just got to vent - I hate it when people don’t get back to me. I am not asking for a kidney, just a freaking answer. Please put that on your list. Now.
7) I will be learning something new every day. Learned today that it is best to put deodorant on at night. I am thinking the person lying next to you might thank you for that. I am not going to it.
8) When computer freezes up like it loves to do all the time I will take up a set of weights and work out my arms. This way I think I will have killer arms in no time and I will be able to lift my fat butt of the sofa.
So the New Year is starting off on a high. Want to get high together?
Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts. Remember, if you are not registered and logged in, your comment will go into a moderation queue. Also, please note that there is a two-step process for saving (to avoid spambots). First Preview, then Save. Thank you! Looking forward to reading your thoughts!
elizabeth cassidy is a humorist, artist, creativity coach for artists and writers and a faculty member of the Art League of Long Island. She is an award-wining blogger for skirt, a featured columnist for Here Women Talk and has seen her writings published in GalTime, ShareWIK, The Smartly, More and Huffington Post. She is the founder of My Views from the Edge and Coaching for the Creative Soul and is a former stand up comedienne and comedy writer for WNBC Radio. She was once compared to a young Woody Allen. Her family and friends were relieved to hear that she did not actually morph into a short Jewish man. She has also been published in The Renaissance Writers Anthology and is a published poet.
© 2013 My Views from the Edge ™ Please visit my site: My Views From The Edge You can become a fan of mine on Facebook at: elizabeth cassidy Views from the Edge with a Slice of Reality